Delete contacts in Contacts on Mac
- In the Contacts app on your Mac, select one or more contacts.
- Press the Delete key. If you select contacts who belong to a group, click Delete in the message that appears.
How to delete synced contacts on the iCloud website
- Go to the iCloud website and sign in using your Apple ID.
- From the main menu, go to “Contacts.” Sign in to icloud.com and click on “Contacts.”
- A list of all your contacts will appear. To delete a contact, click on it and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard.
- Enter the contact’s name in the filter bar, or scroll down to locate the contact.
- Click Remove on the right side of the contact’s information to remove the contact from the group.
On your Android phone or tablet, open the Contacts app . Select an option….Delete contacts
- Single contact: Tap the contact Delete forever. Delete forever.
- Multiple contacts: Touch and hold a contact and then tap the other contacts. Tap More Delete forever Delete forever.
- All contacts: Tap Empty Trash now. Delete forever.
To delete a number from a contact on Android, launch the Contacts app, tap the name of the contact and then tap the “Edit” icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. The Edit icon resembles a pencil. Tap the phone number you want to delete and then tap the “-” icon located next to it.
Can someone still text you if you delete their number?
If you delete the number of someone you’ve been texting with, and delete the text message thread, their number will still pop up as soon as you begin typing the letters of their name in the messages app. This is not, however, the case in the messages app.
Should I delete their number?
“If the relationship was unhealthy, you have to delete their number immediately. Don’t hesitate, just delete. Your weakest moments will be right after the breakup, and it’s in those weak moments that you risk going back to them,” says Gordon.
If for some reason wrong contacts have been linked, you can easily unlink them from the contacts app. Tap on the contact to open its details and then tap on the main menu at the top-right corner and select “View linked contacts”. Now tap on the “Unlink” button and all the contacts will be unlinked.
Hide a contact
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Hangouts app .
- At the bottom right, tap Add .
- Tap New Conversation.
- Find the person you want to hide.
- Touch & hold their name, then tap Hide contact.
How do I deactivate my SIM card?
In either case, you must contact your mobile service company to deactivate your SIM card and then dispose of it in a way that prevents your information from being extracted from it.
Select the contacts you want to delete, holding down the Control button to select more than one at a time. Then either hit the delete key on your keyboard, or click the settings button on the lower left and pick delete.